We have attempted to cover most of your questions related to Australian immigration here. If you are unable to find answers to your questions here and in the corresponding section in the website, please contact us for more details.

Yes, in most cases you will need a visa to enter and remain in Australia.

New Zealand citizens or a permanent resident of Norfolk Island who meet certain requirements do not need a visa to visit Australia for a short stay. Citizens of all other countries must obtain an appropriate visa prior to their travel to Australia. All transit passengers who need to remain in Australia for more than 72 hours need only a transit visa which is issued free of cost.

There is nothing that can prevent you from lodging more than one visa application at any time. However, you are expected to meet the criteria in respect of each application that is under processing by DIMIA.

Note: An applicable fee has to be paid for each application.

Visa expenses other than the application cost include Skills Assessment Fee, IELTS Test, Visa Application Charge (payable to the Department of Immigration), Medical Examination, Penal Clearances and nominal documentation charges. It is important to note that the Government can change the visa application charges at its discretion.

Visa fees vary across visa types; it is best to check with your migration consultant to arrive at the specific costs associated with your visa application.

Processing times for visas vary; it depends on the type of visa. Typical approximate processing times are:

  • 9 to 18 months for most skilled residence visas (including the time required to prepare the application)
  • 3 to 6 months for family, business and temporary work visas
  • Additional 6 to 12 months for applications requiring professional registration

If my visa is granted, when do I have to enter Australia?

Your visa is stamped with an initial entry date. This is the date by which you must travel to Australia on your visa. If you (and any members of your family included in your application) do not enter Australia by the initial entry date, your visa may be cancelled.

It is obligatory for you to inform DIMIA in writing of any change in the information that is given in your application form (or was submitted later while your application was still under processing). However, there is no need to intimate any changes in your circumstances to DIMIA if your visa was granted in Australia or if you have arrived in Australia after the visa was granted to you.

No. This type of service is not provided by the Australian Government. Only an Australian Registered Migration Agent can provide this kind of service.

Yes. Immigration regulations are very strictly enforced and all applications are assessed on the basis of information and documentary evidence submitted. Many applications are refused or delayed due to technical errors on the application or because the supporting documentation is irrelevant or insufficient.

A large number of visa applicants who apply on their own fail to receive their visas due to application errors, misunderstandings or confusion that commonly arise during the immigration process. Compare this to a high success rate for those applicants that apply through an officially recognised migration agent. Given these facts, most people prefer to apply through a migration agent to reduce the risk of their application being refused.

It is hard to guarantee success in any visa application even though you may qualify under the immigration policy. In order to be approved, your application must adhere to the prevailing immigration regulations and be submitted with all the appropriate supporting documentation. Many applicants send incorrect or incomplete applications leading to rejection.

It is recommended that you seek the advice of a Registered Migration Agent if you are not sure of the detailed process.

No, in almost all cases, certified copies of original documentation will suffice. Please note the copies of the original documents must be certified by one of the persons allowed to do so in your country.

You do NOT need to submit your passport to make a valid application but you need to submit a copy of the bio pages of the passport as proof of your identity. You may submit your passport once the application has been finalised and the requested visa is granted. It is recommended that you should provide your passport with 2 unused visa pages when required.

No, you can retain your current passport and obtain an Australian passport as well, since the Australian Government allows dual nationality (i.e., the holding of two passports).

However, you must check that your own country of citizenship allows dual nationality, as this right must be reciprocal. If not, you will need to surrender your other passport in order to become an Australian citizen.

In most cases for family residence and some business visas an interview is needed. It is usually conducted over the telephone. We will contact you if we need to arrange an interview.

Yes, a medical test is a standard procedure and passing it is essential to qualify for any permanent visa and most temporary visas offering more than 3 months of residence.

Yes. If you are in Australia temporarily you can approach an office of the Department of Immigration and Citizenship to collect the medical forms and details about approved doctors and radiologists. You (if present in Australia) or the panel doctor, if overseas, should send your sealed medical results, marked with your file reference, to this office or to DIAC directly when completed.

Yes, provided you obtain a temporary visa that allows you to visit Australia while your other application is being processed. However, you must bear in mind that you need to be outside Australia if you have applied for an offshore visa.

It depends on whether you have applied for an onshore or offshore visa. If the application is made for an offshore visa, you must be outside Australia before the visa is granted. You must depart Australia if you are in Australia for your visa to be granted and this must be evidenced in your passport.

Yes, we can definitely assist you. If you are in Australia, we can advise you on any migration issue, including helping you to:

  • Extend your current visa
  • Apply for a different visa
  • Become a permanent resident of Australia
  • Become an Australian citizen
  • Deal with the cancellation of your visa
  • Appeal against a Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs decision

As pass marks for various visas are subject to unexpected changes, we suggest you contact us for a complete immigration eligibility assessment.

A permanent residence visa allows the holder to live and work indefinitely in Australia. You are eligible for state medical care immediately, but must be resident in Australia for two years before qualifying for social welfare assistance (i.e., unemployment benefits) in most cases. You are not permitted to vote as a permanent resident in Australia. This changes when you obtain Australian citizenship provided you meet the eligibility criteria.

Please contact us to find out if you are eligible to apply for Australian citizenship.

The points test is an assessment of a number of attributes such as English, qualifications, work experience, spouse’s skills, occupation, Australian work experience, proficiency in a community language and occupations currently in demand and many more such attributes.

For most skilled visa subclasses, you need to have minimum pass marks on the points test to be eligible for the visa.

There are two grades in the points test: pass marks, and pool marks. Pass marks are the qualifying marks for permanent residence / provisional visas, which change from time to time.

You should check the current pass mark immediately before making an application. You will be assessed against the pass and pool marks that are in effect on the day you file your application.

If you have applied for a Skilled Independent Migrant visa or a Skilled – Sponsored Migrant visa and you score below the pass mark, but above the pool mark, your application will be held ‘in the pool’ for up to 2 years after assessment.

You should check the current pass marks immediately before making an application. You will be assessed against the pass and pool marks that are in effect on the day you file your application.

If you do not make the pass mark, but get pool marks, you can still submit your application in the Skills Matching Database. Your application personal, academic and professional details will be held in this database up to 2 years. Potential Australian employers monitor the Skills Matching Database and could select your application for sponsorship from this database if they find your profile suitable.

If you have a distinguished talent and you have an exceptional or outstanding record of achievement in the arts, a sport or any other field, you may be able apply under this sub-class.

Certain types of visas do not permit you to work in Australia. Some visas restrict the number of hours you can work per week. If you want to work in Australia, it is important that you apply for the correct visa type. If you would like to know more about working in Australia, please contact us by e-mail, mail or telephone.

The Australian Skilled Occupation List (SOL) is a list maintained by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship. It is an alphabetical list of occupations with:

  • the Australian Standard Classification of Occupations number for the occupation
  • the relevant assessing authority for the occupation
  • the number of points an occupation is awarded for the “skill” factor under the points test

If you wish to apply for any General Skilled Migration visa, you must nominate an occupation which is on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL).

Medicare is the Australian Government scheme that provides help with basic medical expenses, health care services and programs, such as free public hospital care, help with the cost of out-of-hospital care, and subsidised medicines. You could also consider many different private health insurance options, as Medicare does not cover services such as dental care, most optical care or ambulance services.

Please Contact us to discuss your requirements for a detailed assessment of your particulars towards migration to Australia.

A permanent residence visa allows the holder to live and work indefinitely in Australia. You are eligible for state medical care immediately, but must be resident in Australia for two years before qualifying for social welfare assistance (i.e., unemployment benefits) in most cases. You are not permitted to vote as a permanent resident in Australia. This changes when you obtain Australian citizenship provided you meet the eligibility criteria.

Please contact us to find out if you are eligible to apply for Australian citizenship.

There are a number of factors which the Australian Government considers before granting Australian citizenship. Eligibility criteria are complex and need minute attention to detail.

An Australian permanent resident entitles you to certain privileges. With a permanent visa, you are allowed to:

  • live and work in Australia permanently
  • study in Australian schools and universities
  • access subsidized healthcare through Medicare and the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)
  • access certain social security payments (subject to waiting periods)
  • be eligible for Australian citizenship (subject to the residence eligibility criteria)
  • propose or sponsor people for permanent residence


If they are non-CRICOS registered short courses, yes you can. However, notice that you can NOT study 2 CRICOS registered courses at the same time.

  • Note: “The Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) is a register of Australian education providers that recruit, enrol and teach overseas students. Registration on CRICOS allows providers to offer courses to overseas students studying in Australia on student visas.” – Australian Skills Quality Authority.

There are a large number of institutes in Australia offering academic scholarships for eligible international students with main attention to postgraduate programmes. For details in regarding availability and application criteria, you should contact the institutions directly by either calling their listed contact number or submitting an enquiry on the websites.

  • Note: It might be a bit overwhelming and confusing with the information provided on the institutes’ websites. However, if you are applying or changing for a new course using our free service mentioned above, our experienced team of Consultant will actively assist you in finding and applying for Scholarships.

First and foremost, a   course changing process has to strictly follow the conditions that are applying to your Student Visa to avoid the apparent risks of Visa Cancellation.

  • Note: It is highly advised that you have a Qualified Education Agent Counsellor (QEAC) assisting you with the process, ours Qualified Counsellor team at World Class Consultants are providing the Course Change Service with perfect dedication.
  • To avoid visa cancellation due to non-compliance with visa condition, seek professional advice from a Registered Migration Agent before you change your course. You need to seek legal advice for an informed

A Student visa holder is permitted to work a maximum of 40 hours per fortnight when your course is in session, and unlimited hours when your course is out of session.

There are a number of visas which allow people to study in Australia. It is important that you choose the most suitable visa, depending on the course in which you would like to study. We offer professional advice on studying in Australia: we can help you choose the course and the visa that would be most appropriate for you.

International students can only study CRICOS-approved courses. Therefore, not all institutions or courses are available to you. However, there is a huge selection of programs, at all levels of education, available across the country.

Tuition ranges in price from:

  • $200-$350 a week for an English course (ELICOS)
  • $3,000-$10,000 for a certificate or diploma
  • $15,000-$35,000 a year for a Bachelor or Masters

No, you cannot take ‘online-only’ courses.

To qualify for a student visa, you must attend face-to-face classes. You will attend and average of 2-3 days a week. However, by visa rules, 25% of your course content can be online.

We can generally have your enrolled within 1-4 weeks, depending on the institution.

No, you can pay your tuition in instalments – usually every 3 to 6 months depending on the institution. The exception is for English courses, where you must pay the first 3 months upfront.

This depends on your program, but 2-3 days is the average for college and university, while 4 days is normal for English courses.

For non-native English speakers, this will depend on what you study, and your passport nationality.

Generally speaking, this must be done by an accredited translation service.

In an emergency time frame, we can get you enrolled, and prepared for your visa application, in just a few days!

An Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) issued by your Australian education provider is the only accepted evidence of enrolment for processing student visa applications. Depending on your country of nationality and your principal course of study, you may have to undergo a preliminary assessment before an institution issues an eCoE. A copy of your eCoE must be submitted to your local Department of Australian Immigration (DIAC) office before your student visa can be issued.

OSHC is a mandatory requirement of your student visa. You must be covered for the entire time you are studying in Australia. It must be paid in full for the entire time your will have the visa. You will purchase your OSHC just before you apply for your student visa. You have to pay for it all upfront (no partial payments).

Yes, you can exit and enter Australia as many times as you need to while your visa is valid.

If you are on a bridging visa, you must attend class once it starts.

Your visa will be issued for the same length as your courses. Immigration will add an extra 1, 2 or 3 months to the visa, depending on the length of the course(s) and the time of year the classes end.

You can be onshore (in Australia) for 93 days from the day you apply to your student visa, to the first day of class. However, you can only remain onshore (in Australia) for a maximum of 8 weeks between CoEs.

You can study on a visitor visa for 3 months, or a Working Holiday/Work & Holiday visa for 4 months.

While class is IN session, including the exam period, you can work 40 hours every 2 weeks (i.e. 30 hours one week, 10 hours the next week). When your course is NOT in session, you can work unlimited hours.

If you are on a bridging visa, you must attend class once it starts.

If you are studying a Masters or higher, your partner has unlimited work rights at all times. If you are studying a bachelor or lower, your partner can only work 40 hours every 2 weeks (i.e. 30 hours one week, 10 hours the next week).

If you are on a bridging visa, you will continue the work rights of the visa you originally held. If you were on a Working Holiday or Work & Holiday, you can keep working full time until you are granted the student visa. If you have been granted the student visa, but class has not started, you lose your work rights until class starts.

If you were on a visitor visa, you will not have work rights until the visa is granted AND class has started.

Before you apply for this visa, you must have:
• been accepted to study full-time in a registered course at an educational institution in Australia
• organized appropriate welfare arrangements for the duration of your intended stay in Australia if you are under 18 years of age.
Please check details following:
Packaged courses
Students under 18 years of age
Genuine temporary entrant
English language requirements
Acceptable English language test score
Financial capacity requirements
Documentary evidence of financial capacity
Health insurance
Pre-qualifying visas
Family members applying to join you
English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS)
School students

The Working Holiday Visa is meant for persons between the ages of 18 to 30. Australia has entered into reciprocal working holiday agreements with the Netherlands, Japan, Canada, the Republic of Korea, Malta, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom, Germany and countries of Scandinavia (namely Denmark, Sweden and Norway).
As of now there is no provision for citizens of any other country to apply for this visa. It is likely that some more countries may be added to the list of eligible countries in due course.