This visa is for people who own and manage a business in Australia. It allows you to stay in Australia indefinitely. To apply as a primary applicant, you must have a qualifying visa granted on a particular basis.
- hold an eligible visa
- have lived in Australian on that visa for at least 12 months in the 2 years immediately before the application is made while holding this visa
- have owned and operated a business in Australia for at least 2 years immediately before the application is made
You must be in Australia when we receive your application. Members of your family unit can be in or outside Australia but not in immigration clearance.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
This visa allows you to:
- continue to own and operate a business in Australia
- sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- work and study in Australia
- enrol in Australia’s public health care scheme, Medicare
- travel to and from Australia for 5 years
- apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible
You can include members of the family unit in your application when you apply.
A member of the family unit can include family members who hold an eligible visa that was granted on the basis that they were a member of your family unit at the time their eligible visa was granted. This provision may apply even where the person would no longer meet the definition of members of the family unit, for example a child who has turned 23 years of age since their eligible visa was granted.
Members of the family unit who apply for the visa must meet our health and character requirements. Family members not accompanying you to Australia may also need to meet our health and character requirements.