SKILLS ASSESSMENT FOR TRADE OCCUPATIONS
If you have completed your trade qualification and want to have your skills assessed these are the steps you need to follow:
STEP 1 –PROVISIONAL SKILLS ASSESSMENT
Under PSA, TRA will confirm your identity and verify the authenticity of your Australian qualification, and that you are doing a range of tasks and duties relevant to your nominated occupation in an Australian workplace. A successful PSA outcome can be used to apply to Home Affairs for a Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485). A successful PSA outcome is required before you can apply for Step 2 JRE of the JRP.
To be eligible for a PSA you must have:
- held an international student visa (as the primary visa holder) to study in Australia
- a qualification relevant to an occupation assessed by TRA, and awarded by a CRICOS RTO as a result of study in Australia
- evidence of a minimum of 360 hours of employment and/or a vocational placement relevant to your qualification and nominated occupation, completed in an Australian workplace, within the three years prior to submitting a PSA application
Documents needed to assess Provisional Skill Assessment/360 Hours:
- Passport (all pages)
- One Passport Size Photograph
- Australian Qualification
- Evidence of 360 hours of employment and/or Vocational Placement relevant to your qualification-
|Paid Employment||Experience letter from Employer and Payslips|
|Vocational Placement||Placement letter from college, Experience letter from Employer, one copy of log book(attested)|
|Working on ABN||Experience letter from Employer, Invoices and Bank Statement|
- Business advertisement of the employer on the local website i.e. True local, White pages or Yellow pages.
You will receive notification of the outcome of your PSA application by email following the assessment and verification process. If your assessment is successful, the outcome letter can be presented to Home Affairs as part of your 485 visa application.
Important Note: Once you got your Successful PSA Outcome and you are on 485 Visa or lodged visa application/holding Bridging Visa (with full rights) please register yourself as soon as possible for (Step-2) Job Ready Employment through Online Portal.
STEP 2 – JOB READY EMPLOYMENT
For Job Ready Employment, applicants must find employment in their nominated occupation, and submit that employment for Job Ready Employment through the online portal and provide the appropriate registration documents to TRA.
- have received a successful PSA outcome
- have less than 4 months remaining on your student visa
- hold or have lodged an application with Home Affairs for a visa that has full (unrestricted) work rights and provides sufficient time to complete Steps 2‐4 of the JRP (a minimum of 12 months)
- have secured eligible employment
You must complete at least 1725 hours of paid employment in your nominated occupation over a minimum of 12 calendar months from your JRE Start Date. Periods of leave (including paid leave) cannot be included in the 1725 hours. Claiming prior employment: You can claim up to three consecutive months of paid employment that was undertaken immediately prior to applying online for JRE. This can only be claimed at the time of submitting your JRE application online.
Prior employment will only be considered where it was:
- undertaken with the first employer you registered for JRE
- in your nominated occupation
- undertaken in the three months immediately prior to your online JRE application
- not already used to meet the work requirements for your PSA application
- supported with acceptable pay evidence
- for employment arrangements approved by TRA
STEP 3—JOB READY WORKPLACE ASSESSMENT
When a participant has completed and provided acceptable evidence of at least 863 hours of paid employment over a minimum of six months, they may be eligible to participate in Step 3 – a Job Ready Workplace Assessment.
- Skilled Progress Report
- Payslips/Invoices with Bank Statement
STEP 4— JOB READY FINAL ASSESSMENT
A Job Ready Final Assessment is conducted when acceptable evidence of at least 1725 hours of paid employment over a minimum of 12 calendar months is verified and after the successful completion of a Job Ready Workplace Assessment. For further information regarding PSA/Job Ready Program you can visit https://www.tradesrecognitionaustralia.gov.au
|Provisional Skills Assessment||$300|
|Provisional Skills Assessment Review (if required)||$300|
|Job Ready Employment||$500|
|Job Ready Workplace Assessment||$2,000|
|Subsequent Job Ready Workplace Assessment (if required)||$2,000|
|Job Ready Final Assessment||$150|