Comprising four countries, England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales, The United Kingdom is one of the best study destinations in the world with around 5,00,000 international students enrolling each year. UK’s educational institutions consistently do well in world rankings. For an instant, the University of Oxford, University of Cambridge, UCL, Imperial College London, and 80 more UK universities have been ranked among the best by QS ranking agency this year. With the new immigration policy and introduction of 2-year post-study work rights, the UK is again becoming popular among Indian students. According to the UK government, last year saw a 63% increase in Indian students who chose to study in the UK!
Why Study in UK?
Reasons to Join Institutes of UK
World-Class universities and colleges, internationally recognized degrees and diplomas, and 2-year post-study work rights make the UK ideal for students who want to take their careers to new heights. British institutions not only emphasize skill development, knowledge, and critical thinking but also encourage learners to be creative and independent in their lives. While studying in the UK, on the one hand, students can experience the richness of its culture and diversity, and on the other, they can improve their English language skills to the finest.
- UK educational institutions are known for maintaining the highest quality of education and have given over 130 Nobel Laureates to the world. The UK has achieved the first spot in “Best Countries for Education 2019” rankings by US News & World Report.
- UK universities are among the best in the world. 84 and 100 of them have been chosen by QS World University Rankings and THE World University Rankings respectively for the year 2020.
- UK universities and colleges offer a plethora of study programs in over 25 subject areas. You can choose your blend in several academic and vocational programs.
- Study Programs in the UK are generally shorter than courses of other top study destinations which helps in reducing overall tuition fees and accommodation costs.
- UK degrees and diplomas hold great value and are recognized by many reputed employers around the world.
- The new 2-year post-study work rights enable you to work in the UK after completing your study program. It is a great way to work and settle in the region.
- The UK is a cultural heritage. Studying in the UK gives you an opportunity to visit centuries-old castles and historical places and improve your English.
Requirements to UK student visa
The UK offers an excellent opportunity to nearly half-a-million international students who come from around the world. Depending on the type of course you choose and age, you may have to apply for a Short-term study visa, Child student visa (Tier 4) or General student visa (Tier 4). Most likely, for an academic program, you will need to apply for a Tier for General student visa, for which the essential documents that you will need are
- an unconditional offer letter from a licensed Tier 4 sponsor
- evidence of funds to support yourself and pay for your course
- a valid passport
- confirmation of visa fees payment
- payment slips
- certificate of English proficiency (IELTS) (if applicable case by case)
- Health Report
- Passport-size photographs
- result of tuberculosis test (if required)
- proof of age
In addition to these, depending on your case, you may need to demonstrate other documents.